Let’s check in on our personal wellness, shall we? This list of questions comes from The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmund J Bourne, and it’s a book a highly recommend for people with anxiety issues.
(Some of them are a little schmaltzy and clinical sounding, but they’re all good food for thought. So answer them, yeah?)
- Am I exercising for at least one half hour three to five times per week?
- Do I enjoy the exercise I do?
- Do I give myself the opportunity to deeply relax each day through progressive muscle relaxation, visualization, meditation, or some other relaxation method?
- Do I give myself at least one hour of “downtime” or leisure time per day?
- Do I manage my time so that I am not perpetually rushed?
- Do I handle stress or do I feel that it has control of me?
- Do I give myself solitary time for personal reflection?
- Do I get at least seven hours of sleep every night?
- Am I satisfied with the quality and quantity of my sleep?
- Am I eating three sold meals each day, including a good sized breakfast?
- Am I minimizing my consumption of stress-producing foods (those containing caffeine, sugar, salt, or processed junk foods)?
- Do I take vitamin supplements on a regular basis to augment my diet- such as a multiple vitamin tablet and extra vitamin B-complex and vitamin C when I’m under physical or emotional stress?
- Do I like my living environment? Is the place where I live comfortable and relaxing?
- Does smoking tobacco interfere with my physical well-being?
- Does excessive use of alcohol or recreational drugs compromise my well being?
- Am I comfortable with my present weight? If not, what can I do about it?
- Do I value my personal appearance through good hygiene, grooming, and dressing in a way that feels comfortable and attractive?
- Do I like my body and the way I appear?