5) Heels- I’m a very tall girl, but dance classes have taught me the wonders of using heels to lengthen yourself and turn your walk into underwater gorgeousness. Also I am too lazy to get my jeans hemmed, so I kinda have to wear them so they don’t drag the ground. Ideal heels are about 2 inches tall so that I don’t tower over my beloved and so I can still run if necessary.
4) Dr. Who- I’ve got a thing coming out soon on tv.com about my love of the newest Dr. Who, but it was like pulling teeth to get me to watch. There’s something about long-running British tv series that are too gritty and dirty looking and positively overflowing with quirkiness that sometimes makes me want to set my own hair on fire. But this show has me completely hooked.
3) Jeans- In college, I decided that jeans were for commoners, and vowed to never ever ever wear them again. I wore only skirts for about a year, and then actually wore what friends called “waitress pants”, which were black pants with a built in short black skirt. Ridiculous looking. It wasn’t until grad school that I agreed to wear jeans again, and now you can’t get me out of them. I am a commoner.
2) Twitter- I made fun of EVERYONE for signing up for Twitter, seeing it as shameless self promotion, but I admit it, I was wrong. I didn’t realize that Twitter sent out automatic notifications to everyone on your gmail contact list when you signed up, so rather than starting quietly, I just gave all my friends lots of ammo.
1) Pixar- Thank Kumail for this one. I dismissed Toy Story as kiddie cheesiness years ago, but Kumail took my hand and guided me through Monsters Inc, Toy Story 1 and 2, and Ratatouille. Now I can’t get enough.