Sex advice from the one and only Reggie Watts. Go see whatever this man does, I promise, it’ll be worth it.
This is my new favorite Dr. Who blog.
You are not a special snowflake: Mediabistro found that 71% of Tweets go unreplied and unretweeted. This was out of 1.2 billion Tweets that were analyzed, which flies in the face of all the idea that Twitter is a social interactive platform. Plus, check this out: “92 percent of all retweets happen in a tweet’s first hour. Two days after you post your tweet, the chance of it getting retweeted is less than a tenth of a percent. The same is true for replies: About 97 percent of all @ replies happen in the first hour, and 48 hours later that percentage drops to .09.”
A profile of Katharine Hiegl that was a great read, and not only because they mention Life As We Know It a lot. (Kumail’s in the movie, duh)
A great writeup at TV.com of the new shows that are safe and the shows that aren’t so safe.
Because no one learned their lesson from #&% My Dad Says, CBS is developing yet another Twitter feed into a sitcom.
This website will play the lottery for you, simulation style, until you curl up and cry with misery. Hooray! You’ll never win!
Is this the worst line of movie dialogue ever, or the best? Buzzfeed thinks it’s the worst.
There’s a new Twitter in town! TechCrunch sums up what you need to know about it.
I talk about Madonna and meat dresses and Lady Gaga and the problem with kids these days at Lemondrop.
Here’s a great mini-documentary about Threadless, badass Chicago tshirt company that has become huge in the last four years.
Brilliant brilliant brilliant- a collection of “sorry I haven’t posted in a while” posts from random blogs.
Ant Death Spiral isn’t the name of a band you should already know. It’s real, and it’s terrifying.
This guy was vegan and vehement until he read Meat: a Benign Extravagance. Now he says “I no longer believe that the only ethical response is to stop eating meat.” Read why. (thanks to Kevin Slaughter)
The charm just oozes out of Alie and Georgia- watch their show Drinks with Alie and Georgia, and read my scintillating interview with them next week when it comes out!
Tim Gunn on Taylor Momsen: “You know young lady, there are hundreds of thousands of girls who are just as attractive and even smarter than you.” Daaaaaaayum.
Old School plus Gran Torino? Produced by Ryan Reynolds? I think I’m on board.
5) Heels- I’m a very tall girl, but dance classes have taught me the wonders of using heels to lengthen yourself and turn your walk into underwater gorgeousness. Also I am too lazy to get my jeans hemmed, so I kinda have to wear them so they don’t drag the ground. Ideal heels are about 2 inches tall so that I don’t tower over my beloved and so I can still run if necessary.
4) Dr. Who- I’ve got a thing coming out soon on tv.com about my love of the newest Dr. Who, but it was like pulling teeth to get me to watch. There’s something about long-running British tv series that are too gritty and dirty looking and positively overflowing with quirkiness that sometimes makes me want to set my own hair on fire. But this show has me completely hooked.
3) Jeans- In college, I decided that jeans were for commoners, and vowed to never ever ever wear them again. I wore only skirts for about a year, and then actually wore what friends called “waitress pants”, which were black pants with a built in short black skirt. Ridiculous looking. It wasn’t until grad school that I agreed to wear jeans again, and now you can’t get me out of them. I am a commoner.
2) Twitter- I made fun of EVERYONE for signing up for Twitter, seeing it as shameless self promotion, but I admit it, I was wrong. I didn’t realize that Twitter sent out automatic notifications to everyone on your gmail contact list when you signed up, so rather than starting quietly, I just gave all my friends lots of ammo.
1) Pixar- Thank Kumail for this one. I dismissed Toy Story as kiddie cheesiness years ago, but Kumail took my hand and guided me through Monsters Inc, Toy Story 1 and 2, and Ratatouille. Now I can’t get enough.
This comes from Joe Mande’s Twitter and made me actually laugh out loud.
That’s great, but what’s totes for sale? You’re being totes vague right now.
- Eddie Izzard
- Neil Gaiman
- James Gunn
- Paul Feig
- Howard Stern show
- Brian Posehn
- Sarah Silverman
- Sharon Osbourne
- Sybil Danning
- Brea Grant
- Weird Al
- Rainn Wilson
- Chris Hardwick
(Cross your fingers for @thegynomite, I really really wanna be number 15!)
Was it just me, or was there always something oddly sexual about the movie Drop Dead Fred?
I mean, yeah, it starred Rik Mayall, who was the insane punk rock guy of the Young Ones, so he brought a very rebellious and sly and cheeky vibe to the complicated role of the imaginary friend who comes back to his former playmate once she’s grown up to taunt her into happiness… but the movie was still written with some very “adult themes”, as they say. Fred frequently comments on people’s sex lives and spies on Phoebe Cates when she’s making out with people, but at the end, when it’s time for him to finally leave, do you remember the kiss that he and his grown up companion share? My my, it was hot.
So I’m not at all surprised to learn this:
And now, a few samplings from Shaq’s Twitter. I don’t Twitter, but because of this, I might have to start.
- Does anyone have the names of the 14 people bush gave pardons
- Detective oneal does not jordan vander sloots story about what happened to natalee
- Im wearing a jacket dat says 1946, a lady asked me wat it means, i replied, mam its the yr i was born. Lol
- “Some leaders r born, most are made. If u wanna b sucessful, act like a leader” Shaquille o’neal
- Just helped a man push his car, schwww im tired
- I JUST MET KIMBO SLICE, DATS A MEAN DUDE
- THOSE R NOT TYPOS, JUST SAVN MONEY, MORE U TYPE MORE U PAY, LOL
- Cant sleep, the lakers embarrassed us, im pissed
I just read this absolutely fantastic article in the Times about the “live feed” phenomena that Facebook introduced in 2006, and that Twitter has since picked up on and run with. Essentially, it displays minute by minute updates of what is going on with you, provided that you actually update everyone on what you’re doing. Here, read some of it!